The Chairman's Message (2009)
It is my great pleasure and honour to be elected as the Chairman of the CIBSE Hong Kong Branch for Year 2009-2010. We are entering into the 30th anniversary of the establishment of CIBSE Hong Kong Branch.
I hope to be able to continue the achievements and good work done by my predecessors in the past in my coming term of service.
I have set down the following goals and preliminary action plan for my term of office:
1. Continue uphold the image of CIBSE
- To represent in Government task working groups and provide consultation advice to social issues, particularly Government initiatives with respect to BS profession.
- To represent in academic institution advisory boards. Organize project competition and career talks for students in Universities.
- To collaborate with academic institution for carrying out research studies related to BS profession.
- To maintain close collaboration with our partner institutions in all types of learned society activities.
- To support the newly formed Shanghai Panel for promotion of CIBSE and BS profession in mainland China.
2. Provide value-added services to our members
- To work closely with technical groups in the CIBSE HQs in organizing a wider spectrum of technical seminars and workshops with international distinguished speakers of mutual interest for our members. Topics including sustainability, zero carbon audit, green engineering, etc.
- To organize symposia and seminars to facilitate continued professional development of our members.
- To organize social gatherings and events for our members to share their interest and extend the networking.
- To enrich the Hong Kong Branch library and update current publications for our members to make necessary reference.
3. Effective and efficient link between the Headquarters and our Members in HK
- To strengthen the communication between our secretariat office and HQs for the benefit of our members in HK.
- To take a proactive role in reflecting the feedback and opinions received from the HK members to the HQs such that the HK local interests can be blended into HQs¡¦ activities.
4. Maintain Membership Growth
- To promote the benefits of CIBSE membership and encourage the building professionals to join our institution.
- To gear up with Young Members Group (YMG) to promote CIBSE membership in academic institutions as students are the future source to increase our membership growth.
In order to strive for better performance of the Branch aiming at making it becomes one of the best of the CIBSE Branches in the world, my committee and I surely will need your full support. If you have any comments and suggestions, please feel free to contact any one of us.
Last but not the least, I would express my heartfelt thanks to the leadership of our Chairman, Mr. Victor Leung and his Branch committee members for their hard work and valuable contributions during the term of services in 2008-09.
Chairman, CIBSE Hong Kong Branch, Session 2009-2010